Thursday, September 20, 2007

A Big Decision....

Taking many things into consideration, We came to the decision this week to put Keona into preschool. I cringe even writing this, not because I think it's a bad decision; it is right for now, but because I don't want to be distracted from my goal of homeschooling.
He is looking forward to going to see his school and meeting his teacher tomorrow. I have chosen A school very close to our house. Not from extensive research and comparison, but because of high compliments of a friend of mine who has sent two children there and loved it. It's close. And oh yeah, they have space. Also, their philosophy is "play and learn", so I can be assured he won't be doing endless reams of worksheets and mindless drivel. My main focus is that he learn to be part of a group and participate AND LIKE IT. ; ) I think it will be a great adventure and one that will enhance what I hope for future.

No comments: