Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Shoes


Kalani has been working on putting on his own shoes this week. He's been obsessed with the project. All he wanted to talk about was shoes. He carried them around the house, always trying to put them on with varying degrees of success-- and screams of anguish. At some point he figured out it was easier to put on big brother's shoes and then Keona started to find it difficult to find his shoes. Kalani even took a shoe to bed at night. Finally, on Saturday morning he came in our bedroom with HIS shoes on. SUCCESS!!! He was grinning from ear to ear. So Proud. Now he gets them on right -- sometimes -- and is quite happy with himself. And we are happy for him. It's really these moments that really make it worth it to be a parent.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Amber (Bouncing Buttons) said...

I am sorry I haven't left any comments lately. My baby has been very fussy for the last month or so but that is now getting better so I hope I will be able to write more often. Your boys are so cute! I imagine that you spent a long time cleaning up the art left on the floor! I am glad it isn't just my floors that get trails of painted hands and feet. I really like the solar system they made.