Saturday, May 10, 2008

Our Other Obsession


So it is fair to say that Keona is "a little" taken with tornadoes, also called twisters. To say he has drawn hundreds of them is probably an understatement. We've checked out all the books from the library...and have watched two movies a "few" times: Twister and Night of the Twisters. Though I have yet to catch it on film, Keona does a lovely little "dance" of the twisters. I intend to catch it on film, soon, because it shouldn't be missed. He has a large cardboard tube that serves as the twister which he spins around the room with in pretty graceful motions, picking up the occassional car to spin and drop. It's becoming a quite well choreographed "show" that I love to witness. We recently went to see Great Bridge High School's production of The Wizard of Oz and he was particularly anxious to see the tornado. It was really a lovely dance, and just may rival Keona's production-- but not in my eyes! It was a great choice for his first night at the theater.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Lydia Netzer said...

L, dear, can you email me so I can pester you about blogging about the science fair? :)

Lelani said...

You don't have to pester me about it. I'm thrilled about the science fair idea. I was only sad that Keona and I could not get out there to see it; he gets inspired by seeing other kids do stuff. We'll just have to settle for registering for next year! And I might add, even though it didn't turn out the way you'd hoped-- he still mentions being in the Doo-dah parade last year. He's ruined for ever going to see one; only wants to be IN them. But isn't that what parades are all about?
Anyway, I'll add the post to my blog and email you.