Friday, May 25, 2007

We finally got our garden in....






This year we decided to plant some fruits and veggies. We are going with raised bed gardening, specifically something called Square Foot Gardening. I have just planted my seeds though; hopefully not too late. I was really trekking on the edge of the planting season for what I planted, but I am hopeful. Part of Square Foot Gardening is "vertical" growing. you build a trellis on the back side of the box and you can supposedly let watermelons and other heavy things grow vertically. I'm going to try some strong tomatoe cages, instead. They should be able to do the same thing; I think. We'll see. Here are some pics of CC and the boys getting the garden ready. Our neighbor was around to give Keona a hand finding worms.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is so cool! We are doing square foot gardening as well. If you send me your email addy I will send you some pics. I love the Square foot gardening book!

jennmominva@aol.com