Thursday, December 22, 2005

What Keona is saying......

Yesterday, when Auntie Ann and Uncle Stanley were visiting Keona was telling them all about what he likes to do. As always, tennis came up. Until recently, Keona has enjoyed the freedom of playing tennis inside with little restriction. However, as of late, his arm is getting quite strong and we find ourselves having to dive to protect our bric brac and other bobbles. So mom has (I thought) quietly put away all the rackets and related projectiles. In his reporting to Uncle Stanley, he showed that he knows EXACTLY what is going on. After telling how much he likes tennis, he thoughtfully added, "but mommy put my rackets away....ALL of them". But what he doesn't know is that Santa will be bringing him a REAL racket, though it will come with a few rules.

Another day, he warmed my heart. Many times when I or his father are driving him in the car, we like to sing with whatever is on the radio. Keona often emphatically says, "don't sing"! Of course we always took it that perhaps there is "something" about our singing that bothers him. However, he explained himself further several weeks ago when he and I were going somewhere. I was singing along with my favorite carols and Keona made his usual request that I not sing. Not to be outdone, I asked if I could turn up the music so he couldn't hear ME. He then said, "but I want to TALK to you!"

No comments: