Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Our attempt at gardening was............






for the most part, SUCCESSFUL. Now I knew I wouldn't have the time to devote to it that I should, but it felt important to get started. While the zucchinis and summer squash produced a few HUGE specimans, they were not prolific plants. But it was fun for the boys to see such a big ones. The tomatoes produced a lot...and we have been enjoying them. I made a tomato casserole that was wonderful. Go ahead, try it. Trust me, it's DELICIOUS. Kalani loved, loved, loved the tomatoes. He ate them like candy and would just go snatch them off the vine and eat them like apples. Our watermelons put out two tiny fruits and stopped. Next year, it'll be better! ; )


1 comment:

Amber (Bouncing Buttons) said...

Your garden looks beautiful! We didn't get to plant one this summer. My hubby thought it would be too much work with a baby on the way.