Friday, August 17, 2007

Rocky Mountains







After one long day of travel, we arrived in Estes Park, Colorado just on the edge of Rocky Mountain National Park. It was as fabulous as I had imagined. Keona still talks about it and says we have to go back to the first place we were on vacation. Oh, we definately will. I need more than a day and a half there! Castle Mountain Lodge is located right on the edge of Rocky Mountain National Park, which must be heaven. On a hot, hot day, we went an played in the snow. When we were finished there, we went "home" and cooked our own dinner on the grill right outside our door. We played shuffle board and had a swing with the Rockies in the background. And that night we went to bed with the soothing sound of Fall River that practically ran over our doorstep. We did not meet any bears, though we were warned we may. I did not want to see one up close, but I was hoping to see one picking its way along the side ofsome mountain. On the morning that we left, we did see two beautiful bucks right outside our cabin. This was a special relief because one of our flat travelers had gotten very excited when we found deer poop and I wanted him to see the real thing! I got some photos though many of them did not come out as I'd hoped because I was so excited, I didn't realize until too late that the camera was on the wrong setting.

No comments: