Monday, May 02, 2005

A demonstration of genius........

Okay...so all of our children are "geniuses" at this age. I find the learning process amazing and I am sorry that I did not start documenting from day 1. Anyway, we will begin now. I hope such documentation will help me remember not to stop looking for the genius in us all. When we think someone is a genius, I think we are thinking the best for that person. We have hope and think there is great promise for that person. Perhaps if we looked at everyone that way, we would be amazed at what we find.

Anyway, today I was playing around with my son, who knows many letters of the alphabet but not numbers -- or so I thought. We never seem to get passed 2. At 20 months old I still think that is okay. However, today we were stringing, sorting, and counting (well I was sorting and counting, Big K was throwing) beads. Suddenly Big K started stacking the yellow squares and we sarted counting when I got to 4 HE said 5; I repeated 5; HE said 6; I repeated 6; HE said 7; I repeated 7; HE said 8; I repeated 8. Maybe this is normal, but I am always amazed at what he really does know and doesn't tell us until he's ready. I was tempted to make him do it again and start quizzing him, but I know from experience that this never works. He would've just looked at me with his beautiful grin and thrown some more beads. He reminds me time and time again that he is no show pony! I hope as we begin and continue our great journey of homeschooling that I will remember this.

No comments: