Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Some days are more challenging than others......

As exciting as it is to witness Keona find his voice, some days I long for the days when his communication was, well, simpler: "Ahhhh"....hungry, "Ahhhaha"...hold me, "ahheha"...change me. Today, I decided we were going to start our day with a morning walk and I took Big K outside and put him in the "jogging" stroller and started doen the driveway. Only to be treated to a torrent of emphatic "NOs" and squeals and "RUN! RUN! RUN!". Big K had no intention of riding, he wanted to run. And so we meet the "who's in charge" dilemma. Obviously some days he will have to go places he doesn't want to go (especially, since momma gets fatter by the day) and I guess we will have to deal with it, but today he got to run. And run he did. Up and down the sidewalk, around the yard, and up and down the porch. Then to the sandbox and the slide...then back to running. He ran for about an hour while I got some work done, and then he climbed up in the stroller and said "ride" and pointed down the driveway. So mommy did get to go walk some of that fat off afterall!

No comments: