Friday, May 13, 2005

Oh, no! Not the stiffy!

Yes, it has begun. Keona and I were on our way home from a very nice afternoon at the Hermitage (pictures later) when we stopped at McDonalds. I decided to take the opportunity to change his diapers and clothes as he was wet and sandy. However, when I went to put him back in his carseat, he had decided enough was enough and he didn't want to be restrained...and you guessed it: he went stiff and started screeching. It's one of those bad moments when you have to force the little guy into his seat...horrible, horrible, horrible. I figured he would stop crying after a few minutes as he normally does, but today he kept right on screaming and getting louder and pushing against his straps. I reached back to reassure him and he grabbed my arm with a death grip and started shaking. I thought my god, something is really wrong. Maybe a bee flew in and got into his seat; maybe he is pinched.... Anyway, I decided to stop and check. I pulled into a parking lot and got him out of his seat quickly. No bee. I even stripped him down to check his diaper and clothes. At this point he had become calm and was enjoying the game. I had to get a couple things in the pharmacy anyway, so we took the break and went inside. Keona was perfectly happy. I came back out and put him in his seat and had to listen to the screeching for the remainder of the ride home! The next morning, I dreaded putting him the seat...but he was fine. Whew!

No comments: